hagler

Pattaya bar raids. Foreigners detained

This a first for LOS and not a good thing.

remember it is the law there to carry your passport or a photocopy of it at all times.

Foreigners targeted as police raid Pattaya nightclubs

A foreign tourist was arrested and three illegal migrant workers detained when Pattaya police raided popular Walking Street nightspots as part of a pre-New Year’s immigration crackdown.

More than 100 officers from a special operations unit and Pattaya police station took part in the late-night sweep launched around 1am almost exclusively on the South Pattaya nightlife strip Tuesday morning.

The sweep targeting foreigners was extremely unusual, especially given the timing a week before Christmas. During previous raids, foreigners were ushered out while authorities checked and drug tested Thais and immigrant workers.

This morning, however, officers stormed nightspots, including the Sensations coyote bar and 808 disco, finding many tourists not carrying their passports as legally required. Anyone unable to produce their immigration paperwork was taken to Pattaya police station for questioning.

One tourist found actually carrying his passport was arrested after officers discovered it was expired.

Three migrant workers discovered working illegally at a Walking Street restaurant also were taken into custody pending legal action.

The raid was part of the national police chief's policy ordering the Chon Buri police chief and the commander of the local tourist police division to crack down illegals and foreign criminals to prevent possible unrest during the New Year festivities, as well as improve security for tourists.

• Like 2

The raid was part of the national police chief's policy ordering the Chon Buri police chief and the commander of the local tourist police division to crack down illegals and foreign criminals to prevent possible unrest during the New Year festivities, as well as improve security for tourists.

Yeah, that would be why.

• Like 2

Maybe not good but understandable in the current climate of terrorism and such, I think.

I have a bit of "current history" with the military junta in LOS so will declare a bias and refrain from commenting at all on why I think this was really done.  :)

• Like 1

I have a bit of "current history" with the military junta in LOS so will declare a bias and refrain from commenting at all on why I think this was really done.  :)

Then what good are ya  :get lost (1): .  Say something or keep your trapped shut you cunt ;)   :LMAO: .

• Like 7

This a first for LOS and not a good thing.

remember it is the law there to carry your passport or a photocopy of it at all times.

No doubt. Trouble is, the  Thais don't care. They don't want us there anyway. If I didn't enjoy the water festival so much (yeah, I know I'm odd), I wouldn't go back.

I have to admit, I used to carry my passport, or a full sized copy of my identification page, with a copy of my current visa on the opposite side, even here in Cambodia. But, I have become slack in doing so. The lack of the police bothering me has made me very lazy, in that department. 

Here in Battambang, it's illegal to drive without a helmet while in town. They stop Khmers ALL the time, while I blow right through the traffic stops. Granted, you can't go over probably 20kph, anyway. I can't wear any of the small, stupid, cheap, plastic helmets, anyway, due to the size of my noggin'. But, they don't bother to stop me at all. Well, they haven't in the two years I've lived in Battambang, anyway. 

Here in Battambang, it's illegal to drive without a helmet while in town. They stop Khmers ALL the time, while I blow right through the traffic stops. Granted, you can't go over probably 20kph, anyway. I can't wear any of the small, stupid, cheap, plastic helmets, anyway, due to the size of my noggin'. But, they don't bother to stop me at all. Well, they haven't in the two years I've lived in Battambang, anyway. 

A group fo 8 of us : most of whom who are on here, rode around Cambo in August for a week and there were a lot of us who were really taken by Battambang when we stayed there. had a nice feel to it and had enough to do to keep an expat happy fulltime without being overbearing and overun like PP or Siem. and it is such a short run to Thailand if you need better medical facilities. Great spot

• Like 2

Then what good are ya  :get lost (1): .  Say something or keep your trapped shut you cunt ;)   :LMAO: .

ummm ok

I'll keep my trapped shut.  :)

• Like 2

A group fo 8 of us : most of whom who are on here, rode around Cambo in August for a week and there were a lot of us who were really taken by Battambang when we stayed there. had a nice feel to it and had enough to do to keep an expat happy fulltime without being overbearing and overun like PP or Siem. and it is such a short run to Thailand if you need better medical facilities. Great spot

I remember that well. One of the guys with you on that trip, Joel, brought me some blood pressure medication. It's considerably cheaper in the Philippines, than here. So, whenever I know someone is coming over from the Philippines, I try to get them to bring me some pills.

• Like 2

I remember that well. One of the guys with you on that trip, Joel, brought me some blood pressure medication. It's considerably cheaper in the Philippines, than here. So, whenever I know someone is coming over from the Philippines, I try to get them to bring me some pills.

ahhhh thats where he knicked off too. he told us he was dropping something off to a guy and we were like

"yeah yeah. the only thing your dropping off is a load into some chickibabe you have drummed up from the internet"

ahhhh thats where he knicked off too. he told us he was dropping something off to a guy and we were like

"yeah yeah. the only thing your dropping off is a load into some chickibabe you have drummed up from the internet"

Nope. I assure you, he wasn't dropping anything off, except BP meds. :)

Small world, though, to learn some of you fellas are members of this forum. If you head back this way, we should meet up for a drink or eight. 

• Like 2

New rules effective today

attachicon.gifimmigration.jpeg

The Junta; through the police, have also made lots of noise this week about having to carry your passport with you at all times.

I just carry a copy of the ID page and a copy of the visa stamp with me when I am out and about and that has been sufficient on the 2 occasions in Bangkok I was asked to produce

The new guidelines state photocopy of main page & the page with the visa stamp are sufficent. The passport must be in easy reach so if you are travelling say Patts to Bangkok for the day  or doing a 7 day bike ride :P

you need to take your passport with you