Sign in to follow this  
offthewallsamiam

Angeles City Station 4 police Chief Sacked

CAMP OLIVAS, Pampanga - Central Luzon Police Director Chief Supt. Rudy Lacadin ordered the relief effective Thursday, may 19, of Angeles City Station 4 police chief, Chief Inspector Derick Relativo, to pave the way for an investigation on an alleged instance of so-called "hulidap" activity (extortion-tainted arrest) by four of his men.

Lacadin told journalists the relief of Relativo would prevent the sacked officer from influencing and muddling the investigation.

Chief Inspector Relativo will be reporting to the Regional Public Safety Battalion 3 (RPSB3), the operating arm of the Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) stationed in this regional police headquarters, as deputy regional battalion commander.

Actually, Lacadin said, it's a promotion for Relativo. "The position to be occupied is for police officer with the rank of Superintendent (Lt. Col in the armed forces)".

Relativo, when reached for comment, said he welcomes the decision of his superior, saying his transfer gives him the opportunity for the next higher rank.

"I've already bid farewell to my men, and I told them that I consider my transfer as part of my career advancement," said Relativo.

Recently, Lacadin placed four policemen assigned under Relativo under investigation on the strength of the alleged "hulidap" complaint filed by visiting American national Adam Lee Qualley.

The accused were PO2 Teodoro Pelayo; PO2 Neil Gopilan; PO1 Cris Adsuara and PO1 Joven Malazzab, all night shift policemen detailed at Station 4, which is situated at the entertainment strip of Angeles City in Barangay Balibago.

Qualley was on board a motorcycle when flagged by the policemen sometime on March 12 for driving without wearing a safety helmet, a minor offense. The lawmen demanded P45,000 cash from the American in return for not booking him.

Qualley withdrew money from the cash machine and gave it to the policemen. Not content with that, they allegedly asked for P3,000 more.

Lacadin said Qualley sought his assistance, prompting him to put the police officers under investigation.

"We're still waiting for the result of the investigation, and these policemen would surely be candidates for transfer outside of Central Luzon and slapped administrative and criminal charges if found liable," said Lacadin.

• Like 4

Got to ask why would you allow yourself to pay 45,000 peso for not wearing a helmet, it just doesn't make sense?

What they going to say, you will get life term, or your visa revoked??

• Like 3

Wait until the new DU30 appointed head of PNP takes over. Hopefully this commit a crime get transferred crap will end.

Actually I read in an article that he was going to have them transferred to Zamboanga (where people get kidnapped or end up missing)  :D.

• Like 4