Sign in to follow this  
tomcat

116 cops test positive for shabu use

A total of 116 out of the 75,964 police personnel who underwent random drug test have tested positive for shabu use, a Philippine National Police official said Thursday.

At a press briefing, Senior Supt. Fausto Manzanilla Jr., executive officer of the Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management, said the police officers found positive will be undergoing pre-charge evaluation and investigation.

“They will be recommended to face summary hearing procedures. Not automatically (dismissed) but they still have to undergo disciplinary procedures so it should be applied. We have rules on that,” Manzanilla told reporters.

The summary hearing procedure to be conducted by the Internal Affairs Service will allow the complainant and the respondent police officer to present their arguments and evidence. The IAS will then hand its decision based on the arguments and counter-arguments and evidence presented.

He, however, said that those who tested positive were only 0.15 percent of the total number of personnel who were tested from different units and offices from July 1 to August 10.

He did not identify those who tested positive nor from what unit or region they come from.

Meanwhile, Manzanilla said they have yet to get the result of the drug and confirmatory tests conducted on the 35 police officers who surrendered to PNP chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa.

“There's no result yet and we are awaiting that from the Crime Lab(oratory),” he said.

The police officers turned themselves in after they were tagged by President Rodrigo Duterte as being involved in the illegal drug trade.

“Parang hindi pa kasama dyan sa 116 yung mga nag-surrender kasi noong Lunes lang yun,” he said.

Among those who surrendered were:

one chief superintendent,

three senior superintendents,

eight superintendents,

three chief inspectors,

three senior inspectors,

one Senior Police Officer 4,

three SPO2s, 

two SPO1s,

six PO3s,

two PO2s, and

three PO1s.

• Like 3

I think its important to add that a test for shabu can only be positive if done within at latest 72 hours after consumption.

So..its not that 0,15% use it....0,15% used it within the last 72 hours (and prolly another few % refrained from doing so since they knew about the "surprise test" days in advance. :D

• Like 6

I heard these test are as accurate as the urinalysis test we use to have to do when obtaining or renewing RP drivers licenses.

Remember those days................. piss in cup, pay XXX PHP think it was 200 or 250 PHP hand the cup over, see the sign on the test machine, broken, then the urine urine collector person opens your cup full of piss and your piss is dumped into the sink.     You are good Sir, now go over there and do your vision test........     :lol:  

• Like 3

I think its important to add that a test for shabu can only be positive if done within at latest 72 hours after consumption.

So..its not that 0,15% use it....0,15% used it within the last 72 hours (and prolly another few % refrained from doing so since they knew about the "surprise test" days in advance. :D

For sure and I doubt that inaccuracy is anywhere near as telling as the accuracy of the figures they "chose" to publish.

Nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, is as it seems here. :rolleyes:

• Like 4

For sure and I doubt that inaccuracy is anywhere near as telling as the accuracy of the figures they "chose" to publish.

Nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, is as it seems here. :rolleyes:

So True !!! in the land of fabrication.......................

• Like 2

I heard these test are as accurate as the urinalysis test we use to have to do when obtaining or renewing RP drivers licenses.

Remember those days................. piss in cup, pay XXX PHP think it was 200 or 250 PHP hand the cup over, see the sign on the test machine, broken, then the urine urine collector person opens your cup full of piss and your piss is dumped into the sink.     You are good Sir, now go over there and do your vision test........     :lol:  

At least back then we still got a bit of a chuckle for our money when handing over the cup filled to the brim, impossible for them to take it without wetting their little fingers. :D

Nowadays, we still need to pay for the test, but dont even get that harmless bit of fun out of it anymore. :(

• Like 3

But now expect to see 116 cops wrapped in packing tape with card board signs attached. Cops shooting it with other cops? So who ever loses will be the addict.

I think if you surprise drug tested any big or medium city police force in the USA you could catch 100 police popping positive for coke or meth on a Monday morning.

Shit probably more than that, even more if you tested a big military unit

Where do you guys get this from?

I'm saying any drug not just shabu. I say this because it when I was in. On the ship we left Columbia and they tested everyone, 4 test came back positive out of 200 people that's 2%. That wasn't the only time it happened, after a long weekend they tested everyone and again 4 people tests came back postive out of 200 again.

I'm saying any drug not just shabu. I say this because it when I was in. On the ship we left Columbia and they tested everyone, 4 test came back positive out of 200 people that's 2%. That wasn't the only time it happened, after a long weekend they tested everyone and again 4 people tests came back postive out of 200 again.

Duh. The point of my post was in agreement with yours. I did not think that even 10% would test positive. Not everybody uses drugs and it is the same in the PI.