Sign in to follow this  
wizard

Thailand Studies 50-year Leasehold Contract for Foreigners

home_thailand-500x288.jpg

BANGKOK –  Thailand Finance Minister has reported that it’s is studying a law that would allow foreigners to buy and sell property through 50-year leasehold contracts, which would help boost demand for the country’s property sector.

Presently property laws in Thailand forbid Foreigners from selling sell leasehold property.

Apisak Tantivorawong told a seminar late on Thursday “The Finance Ministry is looking at this idea, which is highly possible”

“If we can do it, the property industry will boom again because demand will come from all over the world,” he said.

The ministry is also looking at a “windfall” tax on landlords and property owners, who benefit from rising prices driven by government infrastructure developments, Apisak said.

“We will tax on profits made from assets sold,” he said.

Thailand’s military government has ramped up infrastructure projects across the country in a bid to lift growth in Southeast Asia’s second-largest economy, which has lagged its regional peers.

source

• Like 1

MORE Pie in the sky shit just like making Visa's more attractive its all talk no action from Thai's. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, donkey said:

MORE Pie in the sky shit just like making Visa's more attractive its all talk no action from Thai's. 

I hope not, I am thinking.......... >>>>>>>> like that one BM over at PIAN or PA already (handle is Biggles and I could be in error on his board name) he seems to do a few months in RP and a few months in T-Land.  

I am due for a change, however that bit of a change would be optimal when the THB is at a 36 to 1 USD hard and steady.    :)

• Like 1