Sign in to follow this  
beameup

Kim Jong-un plans to kidnap tourists

Kim Jong-un plans to kidnap tourists if US attacks, defector warns

North Korea has been secretly training special forces to kidnap Westerners in South Korea and hold them hostage in the event of a US attack, a defector has claimed. 

Ung-gil Lee, who defected to South Korea in 2006, said Kim Jong-un had highly armed snatch squads designed to grab foreign diplomats and tourists from across the South Korean border.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/kim-jong-un-kidnap-tourists-us-attacks-defector-a7685891.html

*As I recall, Bill Clinton sent Jimmy Carter and Madeline Allbright over to North Korea to beg for the release of two Americans held hostage on minor charges. I'm sure a lot of "concessions" were made to then-dictator Kim Jong Il

The boarder between North and South Korea is heavily mined and fenced so I don't see how anyone is going to smuggle a hostage across to the North ..... and I'm sure if someone is kidnapped in the south a complete lock down of the boarder will take place to search all vehicles trying to cross back to the north ..... and as planes don't fly from north to south that is out .... only other possibility is by boat and I'm sure they have that covered also ..... again .... JMHO

I don't know how they would smuggle hostages back into North Korea, but they have done it in the past.

• Like 1