Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fordtech

Trump invites Philippines' Duterte to Washington, White House says

Recommended Posts

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/trump-invites-philippines-duterte-washington-white-house-says-033648075.html

 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump invited Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte to the White House during a phone call on Saturday that also addressed concerns over North Korea, the White House said in a statement.

The White House gave no details of when the leaders would meet in Washington to discuss their alliance, but said Trump looked forward to visiting the Philippines in November as part of two summits with other Asian nations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be all over the news here in RP soon.  

ANC, GMA, TV Patrol and in paper print.   It's going to be interesting how the unfold goes with the local RP media.......

 

Here is a bit of additional information from CNA

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/trump-invites-philippines-duterte-to-washington-white-house-8807254

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The heading should read 

 

"Trump talks to a Mass Murderer, invites to further discussion in the White House. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Banjo said:

The heading should read 

 

"Trump talks to a Mass Murderer, invites to further discussion in the White House. "

The Headline should read "Smart Mouthed Brat Duterte about to be taken to the Woodshed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Banjo said:

The heading should read 

 

"Trump talks to a Mass Murderer, invites to further discussion in the White House. "

You're absolutely right Banjo - America should only deal with nice politicians!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beameup said:

Trump is coming to Manila in November.

 

Hope they can fit in a Town Hall in Manila or on Clark for that visit.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-5-1 at 6:44 PM, beameup said:

I believe it should be: "he may be a son-of-a-bitch, but he's OUR son-of-a-bitch"

that is the attitude of the Australian Government, the USA is now a son-of-a-bitch but it is our son-of-a-bitch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Banjo said:

that is the attitude of the Australian Government, the USA is now a son-of-a-bitch but it is our son-of-a-bitch.

Trump is his own man, he not somebody's "bitch".  Trump "bitch slapped" your Prime Minister,
and told him he could take his refugees on Bird-Shit Island, and shove them up his arse. :)

Back to your cane-toad infested billabong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, beameup said:

Trump is his own man, he not somebody's "bitch".  Trump "bitch slapped" your Prime Minister,
and told him he could take his refugees on Bird-Shit Island, and shove them up his arse. :)

Back to your cane-toad infested billabong.

since then US officials have gone out of their way to say Australia is a friend of the USA Pence confirmed the US will honour the refugee deal, anyway the Australian PM is meeting Trump on Friday in New York.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's fine - Australia is a friend. But it's not very friendly for Australia to sequester all these refugees that are too dangerous for the rules and regulations, no guns allowed streets of Ozzy land, but hey America you take them

Fuck. That. Shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

both sides of politics are against expanding gun prohibition laws, as well as the majority of the Australians. It will never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean after the massive gun confiscation that all the flaming liberals talk about you guys doing in previous years? Sure what's to expand? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Corwin said:

You mean after the massive gun confiscation that all the flaming liberals talk about you guys doing in previous years? Sure what's to expand? :D

Who was the politian that started the gun buyback - a right wing pm. Enough said. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Banjo said:

Who was the politian that started the gun buyback - a right wing pm. Enough said. 

 

"right wing"???  Those under the Queen have no "second amendment" rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tale the Australian PM tells was he was invited to Bush ranch in Texas for a BBQ and was asked to make a speech. all the items he listed he had passed through the house got a much appreciated clap but there was absolute silence when he said one of his achievements was gun control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about instead of blaming your version of partisan politics which I know nothing and care nothing about, you refute what I said?

Australian gun control laws are heralded by gun grabbers in America almost every single day. Is it a lie? Did your country not do some kind of mandatory buy buck / confiscation? Are not most firearms illegal to own without strict government permission and oversight? Isn't it true that Australians have no inherent right to keep and bear arms?

 

But back on topic - Australia keeps refugees it deems to dangerous for polite society cooped up on an island but wants the USA, with it's 300 million guns to take them onto our streets. That's bullshit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Corwin said:

How about instead of blaming your version of partisan politics which I know nothing and care nothing about, you refute what I said?

Australian gun control laws are heralded by gun grabbers in America almost every single day. Is it a lie? Did your country not do some kind of mandatory buy buck / confiscation? Are not most firearms illegal to own without strict government permission and oversight? Isn't it true that Australians have no inherent right to keep and bear arms?

 

But back on topic - Australia keeps refugees it deems to dangerous for polite society cooped up on an island but wants the USA, with it's 300 million guns to take them onto our streets. That's bullshit.

yes Australia performed a mandatory gun buyback, now guns can only be held by farmers. shooting club members and certain security staff, all under government rules.  there are many illegal guns held by criminals. Confirm there is no right to bear arms, it was never mentioned in the constitution, there is no push to amend our laws either by either side of politics or the majority of the Australian population. 

gun ownership ids not a topic in Australia

the refugees Australia keeps on Nauru and PNG are not dangerous and are there because of Politicians browbeating .By keeping them outside Australia they are beyond the scrutiny of the court system.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Banjo said:

the refugees Australia keeps on Nauru and PNG are not dangerous and are there because of Politicians browbeating .By keeping them outside Australia they are beyond the scrutiny of the court system.

Sounds like a "human rights" violation to me.  You essentially have a "Guantanamo" to house refugees.  Watch out, the United Nations will be intervening. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.