Sign in to follow this  
Fordtech

KL Ekspres

We rode the KL Ekspres from KLIA2 to KL Sentral terminal. The train is awesome and is inexpensive IMO. It cost $13.25 each way and it takes 20 minutes from end to end. By taxi its a 55 minute ride and about double the price. The train travels at 118Km per hour by my track ap on my cell and it has fast free WiFi. Off the train and right there is the taxi booths. They have budget taxi and vip taxi. We got a budget one for $3.13 to our hotel that was 10 minutes away. The air conditioned taxi was cheaper than my trike ride from our house to the pier on our island 8 minutes away. They print out a receipt, walk out the door and taxi is there waiting. It has our destination printed on it and off we went. Smooth as can be. 

IMG_20170930_193027.jpg

IMG_20170930_194728.jpg

IMG_20170930_194733.jpg

• Like 2

Nice report Larry I like the train its a great ride and as you point out cheap you can get your tickets online and just use the bar-code which is a great idea as well so no cash pass hands.

And the money changers are at Central as well that is worth remembering ---------

• Like 2

7 hours ago, beachy said:

Nice report Larry I like the train its a great ride and as you point out cheap you can get your tickets online and just use the bar-code which is a great idea as well so no cash pass hands.

And the money changers are at Central as well that is worth remembering ---------

It was simple to get around, nothing like the Philippines.